Certified Nurse Anesthetist
Position Type: Part Time
Date Posted: 8/9/2018
Company: Hospital for Special Surgery
New York, NY
Description: Certified Nurse Anesthetist
Education: Masters Degree
Anesthesiology, Critical Care & Pain Management
3 days/week schedule - no call, weekends or holiday shifts
NEW AND EXPERIENCED CRNA WELCOMED TO APPLY!
The Hospital for Special Surgery -#1 in Orthopedics and #3 in Rheumatology in the United States, has an excellent opportunity for either a new grad or experienced Certified Nurse Anesthetist with excellent clinical skills to join our Anesthesiology team!
The Department of Anesthesiology, Critical Care & Pain Management at Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) is a world leader in the practice of regional anesthesiology and pain management for orthopedics.
Under the direction of the Anesthesiologist-in-Chief and working in the Anesthesia care team model, you will be responsible for the full range of anesthetic care at HSS.
• Using proper techniques, works with attending anesthesiologist to administer anesthetics. Performs anesthetist duties under supervision, as outlined and planned by the attending anesthesiologist.
• Participates with attending anesthesiologist in pre-operative assessment, formulation and implementation of the anesthetic plan, initiation of the post-operative pain regimen, and administration of controlled substances according to all applicable HSS policies and procedures.
• Transfers patients from the operating room to the post anesthesia care unit with appropriate monitoring and interventions. Transfers care appropriately to the PACU team, including appropriate sign out. Starts PCA pumps when indicated.
• Accurately documents presence in operating room to maintain accurate patient records.
• Accurately documents plan of anesthetic care to maintain accurate patient records.
• Signs patient charts consistently as required.
• Demonstrates proficiency in using a needleless system.
• Demonstrates the proper use and storage of controlled substances as per department, hospital and state regulations
• Remains knowledgeable of hospital and department standards and regulations.
• Promotes a team-centered approach to facilitate the achievement of clinical, department and work group goals.
• Demonstrates proficiency in use of department and hospital computer applications such as E Learning, Outlook email, and the Saturday OR sign-up process.
• Participates in ongoing departmental research, teaching conferences and quality assurance to develop and maintain accurate skills and techniques.
• Adheres to all practice standards outlined by Hospital Administration and governing regulatory bodies
• Displays a positive attitude toward work assignments, performance feedback, and interactions with co-workers, patients, families, and visitors.
• Willingly adheres to Department and Hospital policies and procedures.
• Maintains computer literacy, including proficiency in Outlook email and E-learning.
• Attends Department meetings regularly and punctually.
• Current New York State Registered Nursing license
• Master's Degree
• NBCRNA certification
• Graduation from a program of nurse anesthesia education accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs.
• Current American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA) CRNA certificate or an equivalent deemed appropriate by the Director of the Anesthesiology Department and the HSS Medical Board, or is actively working towards obtaining certification.
• New and experienced CRNA welcome to apply
• Excellent clinical, organization and communication skills coupled with the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment will be essential to your success at HSS.
• Bachelor’s degree also required.
HSS encourages and supports professional growth and development, recognizes individual contributions, and offers unique and highly competitive compensation packages. This is how we attract and retain highly skilled professionals, renowned for their leadership and vision in clinical care, teaching, research & development.
Founded in 1863, Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) is a world leader in orthopedics, rheumatology and rehabilitation. In the most recent U.S. News & World Report “American’s Best Hospitals” issue, HSS ranks #1 in orthopedics and #3 in rheumatology. In addition, the American Nurses Credentialing Center has honored HSS with three consecutive designations of Magnet® recognition. HSS has one of the lowest infection rates in the country.
HSS physicians are team doctors for the New York Mets, New York Giants, New York Knicks, New York Liberty, and New York Red Bulls. HSS is the Official Hospital of The PGA of America, New York Road Runners for the ING New York City Marathon, St. John’s Athletics, CUNY Athletic Conference, and other professional and college teams. HSS has been designated as the first National Medical Center of the United States Olympic Committee’s National Medical Network.
Hospital for Special Surgery is located in New York City and online at www.hss.edu
If interested in exploring CRNA opportunities with HSS, please click on the link below to apply:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How To Apply: If interested in exploring CRNA opportunities with HSS, please click on the link below to apply:
Company Web Site: