Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist - UPMC Pinnacle
Position Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 7/19/2018
Company: UPMC Pinnacle
Description: Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist – UPMC Pinnacle
Education: Baccalaureate Degree
Join UPMC Pinnacle — a growing, multisite health system — as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, an essential member of the UPMC Pinnacle health care team who is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and coordinating the total anesthesia care of patients. Through collaboration with all members of the anesthesia care team, the nurse anesthetist diagnoses and treats the human response of the patient and family to the anesthesia process, continuously monitoring, analyzing, and improving the performance of clinical activities.
The nurse anesthetist is self-directed, empowered, and accountable for the direct supervision of all team members delivering care to assigned patients.
Multiple opportunities are available in Harrisburg, Lancaster, and Carlisle. CRNAs practice includes various case types including General, Pediatric, Vascular, ENT, GI, GU, GYN, EP, Robotics, Thoracic, Orthopaedics, OB, Transplant, and IR.
• Enjoy flexible schedule, generous time off, excellent work-life balance, and overtime opportunities
• Be part of a supportive and family-oriented team within a department that offers a strong, supportive culture.
• Practice in an environment that is safe, medically directed, and affords CRNAs the opportunity to practice in a high functioning capacity that is very collegial and collaborative.
• Graduate from an approved school of nursing and hold current Pennsylvania licensure
• Graduate from an AANA accredited nurse anesthesia program
• Successful completion of the certification examination or board eligible as defined by the AANA
• Comply with criteria for biennial recertification as defined by the National Board of Certification and Recertification (NBCRNA)
• Health, life, and disability insurance
• Medical malpractice insurance
• Defined contribution plan 403(b) plan with employer match
• Professional dues and CEC allowance
• UPMCPinnacle.com/Providers and click on “Current Advanced Practice Provider Opportunities.”
For the latest information on advanced practice provider opportunities at UPMC Pinnacle, please contact:
Linda B. Campbell, M. Ed., FASPR
About South Central Pennsylvania
• Features both rural and suburban living and boasts an abundance of sports, arts, cultural events, and entertainment. Close to historically significant areas such as Gettysburg and world-famous Hersheypark and Hershey's Chocolate World.
• Offers top-rated public schools, blue-ribbon private schools, and some of Pennsylvania's top colleges and universities. Area school districts are consistently ranked in the top 20 percent of Pennsylvania. With affordable homes — a composite cost of living index of 99.7, compared to 126.5 in Philadelphia — it's a great place to grow a career and family.
• Listed among Forbes.com “America's Most Livable Cities,” and ranked in U.S. News & World Report's “Best Cities to Live” in 2017, we are a two to three hour drive away from New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
About UPMC Pinnacle
UPMC Pinnacle is a nationally recognized leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered healthcare services in central Pennsylvania and surrounding rural communities. Its more than 2,900 physicians and allied health professionals and approximately 11,000 employees serve a 10-county area at outpatient facilities and eight acute care hospitals with 1,360 licensed beds: Carlisle, Community Osteopathic, Hanover, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lititz, Memorial, and West Shore. The not-for-profit system anticipates caring for more than 1.2 million area residents in FY 2018. For more information, visit www.UPMCPinnacle.com.
Level: Entry Level
How To Apply: Apply here: http://www.Click2apply.net/vkg474qgs68h9ghn
Company Web Site: