Position Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 5/18/2018
Company: Anaesthesia Associates of Massachusetts
Education: Masters Degree
At Anaesthesia Associates of Massachusetts (AAM), our goal is to be the anesthesia provider that every patient expects, every physician favors, and every client facility prefers.
We are seeking a CRNA to work collaboratively with a highly talented multi-specialized team in delivering quality healthcare, safely and transparently. The ideal candidate thrives in practicing together across multiple specialties at diverse facilities throughout Massachusetts, where they can develop and perfect various skills. For more information, visit our website: https://aamweb.com
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs pre-anesthetic and post anesthetic assessment and evaluation of the patient and documents findings. This includes obtaining an informed consent from the patient,
• Requesting consultations and /or diagnostic studies and ordering pre-anesthetic medications.
• Administers intravenous, inhalation and regional anesthetics to render persons insensible to pain during surgical procedures, obstetrical deliveries or other medical and dental procedures.
• In collaboration with the anesthesiologist, determines the appropriate anesthetic plan of management, manages all aspects of anesthesia care to include preoperative, perioperative and immediate postoperative care.
• Maintains complete and accurate documentation of care for all procedures.
• Provides airway management and/or intubations for emergent, and non-emergent and resuscitation situations throughout the hospital.
• Provides consultation for ventilatory care throughout the hospital.
• Checks all equipment and agents to be used in the administration of the anesthetic to be sure it is in safe working order. Reports all malfunctioning equipment to the appropriate personnel.
• Checks all resuscitative anesthesia equipment prior to the beginning of the first surgery of the day. Any malfunctioning or missing equipment will be reported to the appropriate personnel.
• Records all pertinent events taking place during the induction of, maintenance of and emergence from anesthesia, including the dosage and duration of all anesthetic agents, other drugs, intravenous fluids and blood or blood components on all patients that have received anesthesia care.
• Insures safe transport of patient to PACU and provides complete report to PACU RN.
• Maintains currency of clinical privileges, RN license, state specialty certification, ACLS and CRNA re-certification.
• Assumes some teaching responsibilities for medical students and nurse anesthesia students.
• May be assigned other responsibilities by the Chief and Assistant of Anesthesia, the Anesthesiologist in Charge and/or the CRNA Site Manager.
Skills & Requirements:
• Graduation from an accredited school of nursing, with current licensure to practice in Massachusetts as a Registered Nurse in the expanded role of nurse anesthetist.
• Graduation from an AANA Council on Accredidation nurse anesthesia program.
• Certification to practice as a Nurse Anesthetist and maintenance of that certification as required by guidelines established by the National Board of Certification and Recertification (NBCRNA) and by the State of Massachusetts.
• Ability to make sound judgements, analytical and physical abilities and manual dexterity to function as an anesthesia care provider
• Ability to administer all types of anesthetics, using a variety of techniques and function with minimal direction and guidance.
• Ability to work harmoniously in a collaborative situation with anesthesiologist, CRNA’s, other health care providers and office staff.
• Ability to work at a variety of locations serviced by AAB and AAM and work is generally in the operating room but can be in Radiology, ICU, ECT or wherever nurse anesthesia services are required by specific hospital.
We affirm, in policy and practice, our commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals into all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, pregnancy or any other protected class as defined by law.
Reply To E-mail: email@example.com
How To Apply: Please submit CV to Rosanna Kelleher (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Company Web Site: