Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
Position Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 5/15/2018
Company: Steward Medical Group
Fall River, MA
Description: Steward Health Care System, headquartered in Boston, MA, is a community-based accountable care organization and community hospital network that is comprised of 36 hospitals in 10 states. Steward Health Care System employs more than 37,000 people.
Education: Diploma/Certificate in Anesthesia, Baccalaureate Degree, Masters Degree
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is a multi-specialty group practice with over 4,300 employees including over 1,300 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations across 10 states.
CRNA will function as part of a team approach to the preparation of patients for anesthesia, its administration, and the post-operative care for adults and children in stimulating clinical setting including: Orthopedics, General and Vascular, ENT, Thoracic, Obstetrics, Neurosurgery & Same-day Pediatrics.
This is a full time, benefited position located in Fall River, MA.
Responsibilities and Required Knowledge:
• Care for patients before, during and after a medical procedure or surgery
• Performing point-of-care testing
• Select, order and administer pre-anesthetic medications
• Providing acute, chronic, and interventional pain management services
• Utilizing anesthetic techniques such as ultrasound, fluoroscopy, and other technologies to improve diagnosis and care delivery and improve patient safety and comfort
• Select, prescribe and administer post-anesthesia medications or treatments
• Evaluate patients post-surgical and post-anesthesia responses
• Must have a strong understanding of pre-anesthesia medications and post-anesthesia medications
• Ability to make sound judgments of analytical, physical and manual dexterity functions of a patient
• Ability to work harmoniously in a collaborative environment
• Must have strong oral and written communication skills
• Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and an accredited school of nurse anesthesia
• 2-3 years of experience as a CRNA strongly preferred
• Registered Nurse Anesthetist Certification required
• Current Massachusetts RN license required
• ACLS preferred
At Steward, we believe in honesty, integrity and the importance of community care. More importantly, we believe in our people. We offer competitive salaries and benefits. All inquiries will remain confidential. Steward Health Care System is an equal opportunity employer.
Reply To E-mail: Marie.Alexander@steward.org
How To Apply: To apply, please send resumes or inquiries to:
Marie Alexander, Sr. HR Advisor
Steward Medical Group
9 Galen Street
Watertown, MA 02472
Company Web Site: