Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (C.R.N.A.) - FULL-TIME
Position Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 5/10/2018
Company: Nemours Children's Health System
Description: As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Education: Baccalaureate Degree
Nemours is seeking a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (C.R.N.A.) FULL-TIME 7A-7P, to join our Pediatric Anesthesia team in Orlando, Florida Up to S20,000 sign on bonus being offered!!
Located in Orlando, Fla., Nemours Children’s Hospital is the newest addition to the Nemours integrated healthcare system. Our 100-bed pediatric hospital also features the area’s only 24-hour Emergency Department designed just for kids as well as outpatient pediatric clinics including several specialties previously unavailable in the region. A hospital designed by families for families, Nemours Children’s Hospital blends the healing power of nature with the latest in healthcare innovation to deliver world-class care to the children of Central Florida and beyond. In keeping with our goal of bringing Nemours care into the communities we serve, we also provide specialty outpatient care in several clinics located throughout the region.
In collaboration with and under the direction of an Anesthesiologist, administers anesthesia to patients as a qualified member of the anesthesia care team. Case assignment and oversight of the overall evaluation of the patient will be determined by an anesthesiologist. The certified registered nurse anesthetist shall demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to provide anesthesia care appropriate to the neonatal, pediatric and adolescent population documents appropriately in the electronic medical record.
Incumbent will participate in departmental and hospital programs for Quality Assessment and Process Improvement, identifying opportunities to improve patient care and, making recommendations and implementing actions as appropriate and consistent with the goals of the Hospital, Anesthesia and Perioperative Services Department.
• Performs an individualized pre-anesthetic assessment and evaluation of the patient to
include review of consultations, history and physical, and relevant diagnostic studies
Selects, obtains, orders, and administers pre-anesthetic medications and fluid obtains
informed consent for anesthesia
• Develops and implements an anesthetic plan based on the patient’s physiological response
• Initiates anesthetic technique that may include, general, regional, local and sedation
• Selects, applies and insets appropriate non-invasive and invasive monitoring modalities for
continuous evaluation of the patient’s physical status throughout the perioperative
• Facilitates emergence and recovery from anesthesia by selecting, obtaining, ordering and
administering medications, fluids and ventilation support
• Provides appropriate handoff communication to receiving unit postoperatively e.g. PACU,
• Implements acute and chronic pain modalities individualized to the patient
• Discharges patients from the post-anesthesia care area and provides post-anesthesia
follow-up evaluation and care as appropriate
• Responds to emergency situations by providing airway management, administration of
emergency fluids and medications using basic or advanced cardiac life support techniques
• Appropriately documents pertinent information in the patient’s electronic medical record,
providing timely and accurate anesthetic records
• Assists in the coordination and maintenance of anesthesia equipment and supplies.
• In collaboration with the anesthesiologists, monitors and evaluates quality of patient care
and participates in department quality assurance and performance improvement activities
• Attends and participates in departmental meetings and activities
• Performs duties within the scope of practice in the state of Florida, practicing according to
personal expertise, regulatory requirements and hospital policy
• Prioritizes patient care issues and responds accordingly
• Practices within regulatory requirements as defined by Joint Commission, American Society
of Anesthesia Position Statements, and ACHA
On our 60-acre pediatric health campus, we offer family-centered specialty care, education, and state-of-the-art hospital services, along with world-class pediatric specialties such as rheumatology, interventional radiology, and comprehensive physical and rehabilitation medicine. Nemours Children’s Hospital includes a new Nemours Children’s Clinic, an ambulatory diagnostic center and extensive research and education facilities.
Graduate from an accredited Registered Nurse program
Graduate from a nurse anesthesia educational program that is accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Program (COA) or its predecessor
Current Florida Registered Nurse License
Current Florida Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
Current Certification from the National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists or it predecessor with biannual recertification required
Basic Life Support (BLS)
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
A minimum of one year post-training pediatric experience preferred
NEW GRADS welcome to apply
Up to S20,000 sign on bonus being offered!!
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.
Level: Entry Level
Job Reference: 23240
How To Apply: Apply online: https://nemours.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers_at_nemours/job/Orlando-FL/Certified-Registered-Nurse-Anesthetist--CRNA----FULL-TIME_23240-1
Company Web Site: