Nurse Anesthetist - CRNA
Position Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 4/27/2018
Company: UConn Health
Description: UConn Health is searching for a Nurse Anesthetist - CRNA to join our patient-focused care team within our new, state of the art OR. Gain experience in a world-class facility with the highest level of technology, designed specifically with patient safety and experience in mind.
Education: Baccalaureate Degree
View our video on YouTube to get an in-depth look at our UConn Health Operating Rooms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbdYfdxJFqU
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS OFFERED:
• Competitive wages
• $20,000 sign on bonus
• 15 evening shift 20 night shift, plus additional 25 for weekend shift differentials
• Negotiated increases through 2020
• Industry-leading health insurance options and affordability
• Multi-channel retirement options (pension and match options)
• Tuition waiver and reimbursement for employees and qualified family members
• Quick commute access from I-84, Rte. 9 and surrounding areas
• State of the art facility and campus
SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week – most common shift: 7a-3:30p - 8,10,16 and 24hr shifts available
At UConn Health this crucial role is responsible for independently performing a full range of tasks in the administration of anesthetics to patients within the hospital.
Examples of Duties:
• Administers anesthesia, s endotracheal tubes, places patients on respirators and s arterial, central and peripheral venous lines
• Monitors, maintains and interprets data and waveforms
• Monitors vital signs, estimates blood volume loss and administers blood products as appropriate
• Takes patient histories, writes pre/post-operative medication orders co-signed by an anesthesiologist
• Formulates care plans and responds to emergencies throughout the hospital
• Provides pre-operative, intra-operative and post-operative care and teaching to surgical patients
• Participates in the clinical teaching of students, residents and other healthcare providers
• Performs other related duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Considerable knowledge of the different disciplines and disease states, including the chemistry and physics of anesthesia knowledge of complex anesthesia equipment knowledge of the side effects and interactions of anesthesia drugs/cardiac drugs knowledge of anatomy and physiology, fluids and electrolytes nursing skills skill sin identifying and treating arrhythmia considerable interpersonal skills ability to interpret EKGs ability to develop nursing care plans ability to work under extreme pressure in emergency situations
General Experience and Training:
• Registered Nurse with (2) two year post graduate education in Anesthesia
• Must be certified as a Nurse Anesthetist and licensed as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
• Must be ACLS certified at the time of hire, or certified within 6 months of hire
Why UConn Health
UConn Health is a vibrant, integrated academic medical center that is entering an era of unprecedented growth in all three areas of its mission: academics, research, and clinical care. A commitment to human health and well-being has been of utmost importance to UConn Health since the founding of the University of Connecticut schools of Medicine and Dental Medicine in 1961. Based on a strong foundation of groundbreaking research, first-rate education, and quality clinical care, we have expanded our medical missions over the decades. In just over 50 years, UConn Health has evolved to encompass more research endeavors, to provide more ways to access our superior care, and to innovate both practical medicine and our methods of educating the practitioners of tomorrow.
To apply for this CRNA position located in Farmington, CT, requisition number 2018-590, you may use the Candidate Self-Service (CSS) online application. After submitting your application, you may also have the opportunity to upload a cover letter, a resume, and references. You MUST have these documents available at the time of application. To complete an application, please visit https://jobs.uchc.edu/CSS_external/CSSPage_Welcome.asp Search #: 2018-590.
UConn Health is an affirmative action employer, in addition to an EEO and M/F/V/PWD/PV employer.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at www.ethics.state.ct.us
Apply Here: https://jobs.uchc.edu/CSS_external/CSSPage_Welcome.asp
Level: Entry Level
How To Apply: Apply Online at https://jobs.uchc.edu/CSS_external/CSSPage_Welcome.asp
Company Web Site: