Position Type: Part Time
Date Posted: 3/6/2018
Company: Columbia University School of Nursing
Description: Columbia University School of Nursing is seeking a part-time Simulation Educator to work 2 days per week. The Simulation Educator will provide clinical, educational and technical expertise in the development, implementation and evaluation of simulation-based activities in our new state-¬of¬-the¬-art Simulation Center. The Simulation Educator will be responsible for working with faculty, students, staff, and external stakeholders to ensure the highest quality simulation learning activities are efficiently integrated and implemented across the academic programs. The incumbent will receive a part-time faculty appointment commensurate with credentials and qualifications.
Required Education: Doctorate
Specific responsibilities of the Simulation Educator will include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with nursing faculty to develop simulation scenarios that promote student learning, critical thinking and clinical decision making.
- Coordinating and supervising students to ensure that lab experiences meet course objectives.
- Providing individual oversight to students for practice and/or remediation on technical skills as requested by faculty and students.
- Teaching simulation sessions as needed.
- Assisting with faculty development and training related to the use of simulation.
- Providing oversight for the coordination and scheduling of the use of the Simulation Center for regular classes, special simulation sections, open labs, advanced clinical skills sessions, clinical skills evaluations, and for other groups requesting lab space.
- Hiring, training and scheduling standardized patients for clinical encounters.
- Overseeing the collection of evaluation data on learning outcomes for simulation activities and collaborating with faculty to disseminate findings.
Minimum Degree Required:
Doctoral Degree (PhD, DNSc, DNP, DrPH, or equivalent)
- Must be a Nurse Practitioner
- 5+ years of clinical nursing experience
- 2+ years’ experience in conducting simulation-¬based learning
- Proficiency in Microsoft software applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Effective training and teaching techniques adaptable to a variety of learning styles
- Family, Adult or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner preferred
- Solid understanding of the principles of simulation
- Effective planning, communication and organizational skills
- Healthcare Simulation Educator certification from the Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH)
- 3+ years of teaching or precepting nursing students
The selected incumbent must be willing to work evenings when necessary.
Reply To E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
How To Apply: Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and CV directly to email@example.com for consideration.
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Race/Gender/Disability/Veteran.