Asst./Assoc./Professor of Clinical and Program Director
Position Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 3/1/2018
Company: University of Miami, School of Nursing and Health Studies
Coral Gables, FL
Description: The School of Nursing and Health Studies (SONHS) at the University of Miami seeks an energetic, dynamic and nationally recognized academic and clinical CRNA leader to fill an open rank vacant Assistant/Associate/Professor of Clinical position and Program Director for the BSN-DNP Nurse Anesthesia Program.
Required Education: Doctorate
The 2017 U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Graduate Schools” ranks the SONHS’ master’s programs 40th out of 259 schools the Doctorate in Nursing Practice program was 38th in the first-ever rankings of D.N.P. programs. Among schools of nursing, the SONHS’ scientific portfolio is ranked first in Florida and 22nd in the nation for NIH funding. Cutting-edge research conducted by some of the world’s top healthcare scientists focuses on topics such as health disparities, cultural competence in healthcare, HIV and other STIs, substance abuse, family and intimate partner violence, mental health, simulation education, and patient safety, with a focus on nursing education and nursing workforce issues. In the fall of 2017, SONHS proudly opened its 5-story, 41,000 square-foot, cutting-edge Simulation Hospital, which replicates the true flow of activities in a clinical practice and hospital and is a global destination center for simulation-based education, research, service, and innovation.
The Assistant/Associate/Professor of Clinical will report directly to the Dean of the School of Nursing and Health Studies. Faculty role responsibilities will include: teaching in the graduate nurse anesthesia program, academic advising of students in the program, scholarship and research activities, conducting clinical teaching and simulation education, community and academic service activities, and participating in School and University committees.
The Program Director is an administrative appointment with leadership authority and accountability for the administration of the Nurse Anesthesia Program. Administrative role responsibilities include: day-to-day program operations, facilitating the academic and accreditation processes of the program, managing ongoing program evaluation and quality improvement, prepare and administer the program budget in collaboration with School leadership, assisting students toward successful program completion and certification, managing program faculty and staff, promoting the operational and academic well-being of the program, helping to maintain/grow student enrollment, providing information to faculty committees, ad hoc committees, accrediting organizations and other groups, and assuring compliance with program accreditation standards. The Program Director also participates in activities that promote the stature of the Academic Programs, Departments, and Schools and abides by the mandates set by the School and University. Incumbent will assure that the University and School’s philosophy is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position: quality services to clients development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees.
1. Hold a PhD or doctorate degree in nursing or related field earned from a regionally accredited university
2. Hold a PhD or doctorate degree or higher in nurse anesthesia (or recognized COA equivalent) from a COA accredited nurse anesthesia educational program and regionally accredited university.
3. Hold a current, unrestricted license as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) in the specialization of Nurse Anesthetist in the State of Florida.
4. Hold current recertification as a CRNA from the National Board for Certification and Re-Certification of Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA).
5. Hold current BCLS and ACLS certification.
6. Minimum of five (5) years of experience as an active practicing nurse anesthetist.
7. Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a didactic and/or clinical instructor in a COA accredited Nurse Anesthetist educational program.
8. Minimum of three (3) years of experience as a Program Director or Associate Director of a COA accredited Nurse Anesthetist educational program.
9. Be experientially qualified to provide leadership to the program, including knowledge of environmental issues that may influence the program and nurse anesthesia practice
10. Meet the requirements set forth by the Council on Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs for faculty and program administrators, including formal instruction in curriculum, evaluation, and instruction.
Number of Openings: 1
Job Reference: Open Rank Anesthesia Program Director
How To Apply: Applicants must apply online at https://umiami.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UMFaculty/job/Coral-Gables-Campus/Asst-Professor-of-Clinical_R100020826
Please include your letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and three professional references. For questions regarding this position, please contact Mrs. Zuzer Calero at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications for this position will be accepted until a candidate is identified.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Company Web Site: