Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
Position Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 2/20/2018
Company: Hospital for Special Surgery
Description: Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
Education: Baccalaureate Degree
3 days/wk schedule - no call , weekends or holiday shifts
The Hospital for Special Surgery has an excellent opportunity for either a new grad or experienced Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist with excellent clinical skills to join our Anesthesiology team!
Under the direction of the Anesthesiologist-in-Chief and working in the Anesthesia care team model, you will be responsible for the full range of anesthetic care at HSS.
Using proper technique, you will work with physician Anesthesiologists to :
• Administers anesthetics and monitors patients in the operating room
• Participates with attending anesthesiologist in pre-operative assessment, formulation and implementation of the anesthetic plan, and initiation of the post-operative pain regimen
• Accurately records anesthetics and plan of care in the electronic medical record
• Transfers patients from the operating room to the post anesthesia care unit with appropriate monitoring and interventions. Transfers care appropriately to the PACU team, including appropriate sign out. Starts PCA pumps when indicated.
• Demonstrates proficiency in using a needleless system
• Demonstrates the proper use and storage of controlled substances
• Promotes a team-centered approach to facilitate the achievement of clinical, department and work group goals
• Current NYS RN licensure and registration
• Certified as a Certified Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) from the National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA).
• Excellent clinical, organization and communication skills coupled with the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment will be essential to your success at HSS.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher required.
HSS encourages and supports professional growth and development, recognizes individual contributions, and offers unique and highly competitive compensation packages. This is how we attract and retain highly skilled professionals, renowned for their leadership and vision in clinical care, teaching, research & development.
Founded in 1863, Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) is a world leader in orthopedics, rheumatology and rehabilitation. In the most recent U.S. News & World Report “American’s Best Hospitals” issue, HSS ranks #1 in orthopedics and #3 in rheumatology. In addition, the American Nurses Credentialing Center has honored HSS with three consecutive designations of Magnet® recognition. HSS has one of the lowest infection rates in the country.
HSS physicians are team doctors for the New York Mets, New York Giants, New York Knicks, New York Liberty, and New York Red Bulls. HSS is the Official Hospital of The PGA of America, New York Road Runners for the ING New York City Marathon, St. John’s Athletics, CUNY Athletic Conference, and other professional and college teams. HSS has been designated as the first National Medical Center of the United States Olympic Committee’s National Medical Network.
Hospital for Special Surgery is located in New York City and online at www.hss.edu
If interested in this position please click on the link: https://jobs-hss.icims.com/jobs/9476/crna-certified-nurse-anesthetist/job?mode=view&mobile=false&width=783&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240
How To Apply: https://jobs-hss.icims.com/jobs/9476/crna-certified-nurse-anesthetist/job?mode=view&mobile=false&width=783&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240
Company Web Site: