Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) - Anesthesiology
Position Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 12/13/2017
Company: Southern Maine Health Care
Description: Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) - Anesthesiology
Education: Diploma/Certificate in Anesthesia
Southern Maine Health Care
Full Time, Days
Southern Maine Health Care is seeking a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist in Biddeford and Sanford to be involved in the administration of anesthesia and related services. Southern Maine Health Care CRNAs are an experienced group that enjoy a collegial relationship with the Anesthesiologists with whom they work. The CRNA will join a busy practice with approximately 6,000 cases a year including General, Ortho, OB/GYN, Urology, Ophthalmology, ENT, Dental, and GI practicing within an Anesthesia Care Team Model caring for peri-operative patients and their families. Backup call only with limited call in. New graduates will be considered, experienced providers are preferred. Experience with electronic medical records (Epic) is helpful, but is not required.
This is a salaried position – starting at 145K for new graduates, increasing with each additional year of experience – with additional compensation for beeper call and call back. We offer a 10K sign-on bonus, generous CEC allowance, paid interview travel expenses, relocation assistance, and a quality of life with ample time off to enjoy all that the Maine Coast has to offer.
• Holds current state licensure as a Registered Nurse/Advanced Practice Registered Nurse-Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist in the state of Maine, and complies with all applicable state statutory and regulatory requirements concerning Advanced Practice Registered Nursing.
• Graduate of a Nurse Anesthesia educational program accredited by the AANA Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs, or its predecessor.
• Complies with one of the following requirements regarding certification or recertification:
- Meets criteria 1 and 2 above and is currently certified by the National Board of Certification and Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists or its predecessor or
- Meets criteria 1 and 2 above and is currently recertified by the National Board of Certification and Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists.
• Insurable by an appropriate medical malpractice insurer for the limits required by this institution or state.
• Demonstrates current competency in the clinical responsibilities specific to Anesthesia, for which the candidate is privileged to practice within SMHC.
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification.
• Basic Life Support certification.
To apply, please visit www.careersatmainehealth.org/job/7810185 or www.careersatmainehealth.org.
About Southern Maine Health Care
The award-winning Southern Maine Health Care (SMHC) system includes a multi-specialty physician group and a full-service medical center in Biddeford (including a special care unit and York County’s only inpatient mental health unit). Located in York County, Maine, our system provides emergency care, surgical services, and diagnostic and therapy services at SMHC’s Biddeford Medical Center, as well as Walk-In Care centers, a birthing suite, cancer care, pain management, centers for breast care and sleep disorders, eldercare services, rehabilitation programs, preventive/wellness services, community education and support programs.
At Southern Maine Health Care, you’ll find the best of both worlds: the friendliness and natural beauty of southern Maine, and the opportunity to work with the best resources and technology healthcare has to offer. Our organization and staff play an integral role in improving the health of the people in the communities we serve, through volunteerism and outreach programs. As a member of the MaineHealth system, SMHC offers a breadth and depth of services, facilities and training that provide opportunities for both personal and professional growth.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Level: Entry Level
How To Apply: To apply, please visit www.careersatmainehealth.org/job/7810185 or www.careersatmainehealth.org.
Company Web Site: