CRNA, Nellis AFB, Las Vegas, NV
Position Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 9/21/2017
Company: Mike O'Callaghan Federal Medical Center
Las Vegas, NV
Description: Outstanding Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, CRNA Opportunity at Nellis AFB, NV!
Education: Masters Degree
Come Join Our Team of health care providers at Nellis AFB and experience the immense pride others have discovered in caring for Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans!
* Excellent Compensation & Comprehensive Benefits! (1099 & W-2 Options)
* Full Time Position Days, Monday- Friday!
* NO Weekends, NO Holidays!
* PTO! 10 Paid Federal Holidays! 5 Paid Family Days!
* Annual CME Stipend!
* Malpractice Insurance Provided!
DUTIES: The duties include, but are not limited to the following:
* Manage patient anesthesia experience, perform preoperative evaluations and preparations, administer monitored anesthesia care, regional and general anesthesia, monitor and manage patient reactions to anesthesia and surgery, manage fluid therapy, perform and manage invasive monitoring, and perform post-operative evaluations as privileged by the credentials committee.
* Advise appropriate anesthesiologist of adverse reactions necessitating non-delegated medical decisions take appropriate actions as directed or required.
* Assist with the training of other staff personnel to include in venipuncture and intravenous therapy, respiratory care, and anesthesia.
* Indicate responsibility for the contents and accuracy of all prepared reports/forms by affixing his/her own signature to the documents after validation.
* Attend and participate in professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities.
* Department quality improvement activities as assigned by the department chief may include, but not limited to: 1) Occurrence screening checklist, 2) Patient care chart audits and 3) Special studies on quality of care within the Anesthesia Service.
* Non-clinical duties will include, but is not limited to: 1) Maintaining cleanliness of anesthesia work areas and equipment, 2) Rotation of stock and removal of supplies nearing expiration, 3) Reviewing and updating of departmental operating instructions, 4) Hospital committee representation, and 5) Orientation of personnel.
* Education: 1) Must have a Master’s degree from an accredited program in nurse anesthesia. 2) Shall be a graduate from an accredited baccalaureate degree program in nursing (BSN) acceptable to the U.S. Air Force Surgeon General. 3) Must complete a course in nurse anesthesia acceptable to the U.S. Air Force Surgeon General.
* Licensure: 1) Have and maintain a current license to practice nursing as a Registered Nurse in a US jurisdiction. 2) Have and maintain a current license to practice as a Nurse Anesthetist in a US jurisdiction.
* Certification: 1) Shall hold current certification from an approved national CRNA certifying body National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists Shall maintain certification and be recertified every 2 years by the National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists 2) Possess and maintain a current American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider and Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications.
* Experience: 1) Have at least 24 months experience within the last 36 months as a CRNA. 2) Have at least 12 months experience within the last 24 months providing epidural analgesia (labor epidurals). 3) Have experience in the delivery of and monitoring of all types of anesthesia utilized in the delivery of obstetrical anesthesia (general endotracheal, subarachnoid block and epidural).
* Must be a U.S citizen and Have the ability to pass a background check/security clearance.
STAFFING & SCHEDULING:
* Usual duty schedule is an 8-hour shift between the hours of 0630 - 1500 Monday - Friday, to include an uncompensated 30 minute lunch.
* There are On-Call Hours (max of 120 hours per year) and Over-Time Hours (max of 50 hours per year) associated with this CRNA position.
Platinum Business Corporation provides experienced and committed health care personnel and related health care services to the federal government and private industry. EEO www.platinumcorportation.com.
Number of Openings: 1
Will Hire From: US Residents Only
Reply To E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
How To Apply: Easy Apply: https://platinumcorporation.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/622ec3ab-b9eb-39c2-6da4-d74bc146f907/apply?source=615553-CS-26560
Company Web Site: