Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)- San Gabriel, CA
Position Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 7/27/2017
Company: Acuity Eye Specialists
San Gabriel, CA
Description: The Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) is responsible for preparing and administering anesthetic agents to surgical patients, and to reversibly depress bodily functions, or otherwise desensitize a patient to permit the performance of medical or surgical procedures.
Required Education: Diploma/Certificate in Anesthesia
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without accommodation. The requirements listed below are representative, but not all inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
1. Prepares and administers anesthetic agents to patient in order to desensitize them to permit the performance of medical or surgical procedures.
2. Performs pre-anesthesia evaluation of the patient in order to ascertain physiological and psychological factors which influence the selection of the anesthetic agent and the formulation of the plan of anesthetic management.
3. Monitors the patient in the operating room in order to maintain the patients in a homeostatic condition and to assure that unnecessary injuries are not inflicted on the patient.
4. Records anesthetic information on the anesthesia chart to provide a permanent record necessary for the care of the patient, to provide material for teaching, for study, and to establish a medical-legal record.
5. Maintains an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor in accordance with Company policies.
6. Actively share ideas in a constructive and positive manner by listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others.
7. Keep commitments and keep direct supervisor informed of work progress, timetables, and issues.
8. Advocate and assist in maintaining a clean, neat, and cheerful environment where our patients feel comfortable.
9. Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal and other regulations (e.g., OSHA, WC, HIPAA, ADA, FEHA, DOL, HR policies and practices).
10. Other duties as assigned by management.
REQUIRED: Master of Science in Nurse Anestheisa degree from an accredited California Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) program. Experience in an Ambulatory Surgery Center setting.
DESIRABLE: Experience in the Ophthalmology Industry with multiple Surgery Center locations. Experience in training of staff. Experience with Regulatory and Accreditation Surveys (AAAHC Accreditation).
- Certification as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist approved and accepted by the State of California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Valid BLS card (American Heart Association)
- Valid ACLS card (American Heart Association)
- Valid and current California RN License (Department Consumer Affairs)
- Team player and contributor coupled with excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates empathy in order to provide the best patient care.
- Ability to create and deliver training plans for consistency in the regions.
- Skills required include use of knowledge of WORD, EXCEL and use of standard office equipment.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries from customers, staff, vendors, or other members of the business community.
- Ability to draw valid conclusions, apply sound judgment in making decisions, and to make decisions under pressure.
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures.
- Must address others professionally and respectfully by actions, words and deeds.
- Detail oriented, organized, process focused, problem solver, self motivated proactive, customer service focused.
- Displays independent judgment by willingness to make timely and accurate decisions based on available information that is sometimes vague or limited in nature.
- Ability to multitask effectively and work in a fast paced and sometimes ambiguous environment, without compromising quality of work.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects with limited direction, while understanding and contributing to the success of the assigned region(s).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- This is primarily a clinical surgery center classification, working in a sterile environment. Temperature conditions are controlled with some direct exposure to hazardous physical substances. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. There is regular exposure to Doctors, staff, vendors and patients.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, keyboard, to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, see, talk and hear. The employee will frequently lift and/or carry reports, records and other materials that typically weigh less than 20 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, bend, or crouch.
- Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard.
Level: Entry Level
Number of Openings: 1
Will Hire From: US Residents Only
Reply To E-mail: email@example.com
How To Apply: Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Company Address: 207 S Santa Anita St. San Gabriel CA 91776
Company Web Site: