Position Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 6/27/2017
Company: Decatur Memorial Hospital
Education: Masters Degree, Doctorate
Following accepted and approved techniques and procedures, administers anesthesia to patients in all age groups.
Essential Functions and Job Duties
•Follows the Scope and Standards for Nurse Anesthesia Practice (American Associate of Nurse Anesthetists.
•CRNA Scope of Practice includes but, is not limited to the following:
- Performing and documenting a pre-anesthetic assessments and evaluation of the patient, including requested consultations and diagnostic studies selecting, obtaining, ordering and administering pre-anesthetic medications and fluids and obtaining informed consent for anesthesia.
- Developing and implementing an anesthetic plan.
- Initiating the anesthetic technique which may include general, regional, local and sedation.
- Selecting and applying appropriate non-invasive and invasive monitoring modalities for continuous evaluation for the patient’s physical status.
- Selecting, obtaining and administering medications, fluids and ventilatory support.
- Discharging the patient from a post-anesthesia care are and providing post-anesthesia follow-up, evaluation and care.
- Implementing acute and chronic pain management modalities.
- Responding to emergency situations by providing airway management, administration of emergency fluids and drugs, and using basic or advanced cardiac life support techniques.
•Standards for Nurse Anesthesia Practice:
- Standard I: Perform a thorough and complete pre-anesthesia assessment.
- Standard II: Obtain informed consent for the planned anesthetic intervention from the patient or legal guardian.
- Standard III: Formulate a patient-specific plan for anesthesia care.
- Standard IV: Implement and adjust the anesthesia care plan based on the patients physiological response
- Standard V: Monitor the patient’s physiologic condition as appropriate for the type of anesthesia and specific patient needs.
- Standard VI: There shall be complete, accurate and timely documentation of pertinent information on the patient’s medical record.
- Standard VII: Transfer the responsibility of care and patient safety.
- Standard VIII: Adhere to appropriate safety precautions, as established within the institution, to minimize the risks for fire, explosion, electrical shock and equipment malfunction. Document on the patient’s medical record that the anesthesia machine and equipment were checked.
- Standard IX: Precautions shall be taken to minimize the risk of infection to the patient, the CRNA, and other healthcare providers.
- Standard X: Anesthesia care shall be assessed to assure its quality and contribution to positive patient outcomes.
- Standard XI: The CRNA shall respect and maintain the basic rights of patient.
- Identifies and manages emergency and obstetrical care.
- Recognizes abnormal patient responses and implements corrective action.
- Responds to requests for resuscitation within the Hospital within a timely manner.
- Provides an accurate and legible record of all patient information, including billing data.
- Participates on committees and in program and departmental activities.
- Coordinates and plans the clinical experience for student registered nurse anesthesia interns (RNAI’s).
- Participates in education of RNAI’s documents intern performance.
- Maintains certification/recertification and licensure. Attends Clinical Case Conferences as assigned.
Education and/or Other Requirements
Maintains current certification as CRNA. Masters degree preferred. New graduates must be certified as soon as possible.
Level: Entry Level, Experienced
Number of Openings: 2
How To Apply: APPLY HERE: https://www.healthcaresource.com/decatur/index.cfm?fuseaction=search.jobDetails&template=dsp_job_details.cfm&cJobId=102148
Company Address: 2300 N. Edward St. Decatur, IL 62526
Company Web Site: