Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
Position Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 6/19/2017
Company: Anesthesia Practice Consultants
Grand Rapids, MI
Description: ANESTHESIA PRACTICE CONSULTANTS
Required Education: Masters Degree, Doctorate
CRNA JOB DESCRIPTION
Type: Full Time
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
JOB TITLE: Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
GENERAL SUMMARY: Credentialed to provide pediatric and adult anesthesia services, including patient assessment and monitoring under the direct supervision of a physician anesthesiologist.
• Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan
• Graduate of a nurse anesthesia educational program that meets the standards of the COA (Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs)
• Certified by the NBCRNA
• ACLS certified
• PALS certified (as applicable)
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Time management and organizational skills
• Astute attention to detail
• Ability to make quality, independent decisions
• Effective problem solving ability
• Excellent assessment skills and knowledge of disease processes
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
• Assesses and monitors physiological and psychological needs of the patient
• Provides anesthesia under the direction of an anesthesiologist for: general, regional, Monitored Anesthesia Care (MAC), and intravenous sedation
• Places intravenous lines
• Documents care and services
• Communicates with other members of the health care team in order to ensure continuity of care and coordination of services
• Participates in ongoing quality improvement activities as requested or required.
• Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by reading appropriate literature and attending relevant conferences, seminars, etc.
• Team Player works closely in team environment with Physicians, CRNA's and other Healthcare professionals.
• Maintains professional demeanor and positive attitude with staff and patients
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Possible exposure to a variety of contagious diseases and/or other hazardous materials.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to be on his/her feet for approximately 4 hours out of a typical 8 hour shift. Employee must be physically able to transport patients as needed in a given 8 hour shift and would be required to lift and/or position patient’s head and shoulders, which on average would weigh between 35-40 pounds.
Level: Entry Level, Experienced
Number of Openings: 5
Reply To E-mail: email@example.com
How To Apply: Please forward Cover Letter and CV to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Company Web Site: